Our Mat Classes
Our Mat classes are now on GRATZ Pilates Mats that are extra long, extra padded and include Foot-Strap and Hand-Dowels at each end.
The soft, thick, shock absorbing padding provide comfort and support for your spine, neck and knees whilst the handles and foot-strap add support and stability to the body for a MORE EFFICIENT, MORE EFFECTIVE workout.
We invite you to experience the Pilates Matwork the way it was done in Joe Pilates' NYC Studio
* To learn more about our GRATZ Pilates Mats click here.
About our Mat Group Classes
- ALL our Mat Classes are featuring our Gratz™ Pilates Mats.
- Classes are strictly limited to 6 participants to ensure plenty of individual attention and high level of supervision so you make the most out of your hour long Pilates Matwork.
- Our classes are 1 hour long and we have enough interval periods between classes so that changeover does not take time away from your class.
- Our Mat Group Classes are available throughout the week, check our timetable for a day and time that fits your schedule.
- Group classes are co-ed and are suitable for both male and female.
New to the studio and not sure what to wear or bring? Click here.
About our Mat Classes Levels:
This class is for you if you are new to Pilates, coming back to Mat Pilates after a long break or, want to ease yourself into the Pilates Mat features and refresh the knowledge of body alignment, basic movements, breathing and muscle activation.
Classes are taught in deliberate pace to allow you to understand and connect to your body, establish core strength & stability for functional movement and learn the basic foundation exercises of the Pilates Method and it’s principles. Some of the small Pilates props are utilised in classes to enhance the basics and add support to your movement.
You are welcome to stay in the Foundation level until you’re feeling confident enough to enter the next level.
Mat Level 1/2
Pilates Mat 1/2 is suitable to those who have a good understanding of Pilates Mat foundation movements, alignment, breathing, and the Pilates principle. Level 1/2 is the next step to better your understanding of the Pilates Method and improve your full-body strength, balance and flexibility along-side control and precision. Classes are in deliberate to moderate pace to also increase stamina and flow of the workout.
Small Pilates props are sometimes used as we go through some venations of movements.
Mat Level 3
Pilates Mat Level 3 classes are suitable for you if you are healthy, free of any injuries and have regularly practice Pilates for at least 1 year. Classes are dynamic with less rest and more transition and flow as we go through the Mat exercises sequence. These classes truly take you through all that the Pilates Matwork can give.